I've been blogging at http://blogs.wcpss.net/mhsmediacenter/ through my former high school library media center. I am now a librarian for the Media and Educational Technology Resource Center in the College of Education at NC State University. I'm sad to lose the blogging I was building at my high school and decided to think through what's really important in my work as a librarian so I could blog separately from any specific position/job.
21st Century school librarians care about and teach literacies in all areas - we are passionate about books in multiple formats and helping our patrons/students read and use information. We help them research, become information literate, become responsible digital citizens and publish their work using various forms of technology. As a new librarian in a university curriculum materials center I am excited to collaborate with current and pre-service teachers as well as faculty to make all students literate in the growing areas of the 21st century. Whether it be a graphic novel in print form or online form like Inanimate Alice whether students are analyzing an infographic or using an academic database to research and process information, I am a digiliterate librarian ready to lead!
No comments:
Post a Comment